How do I reset password or allow the connection if I forget the password of Admin account, or been locked by ADM defender?
Posted by Admin Asustor on 06 March 2013 01:42 AM
If you cannot connect to your NAS for some reasons, you can use the reset button on rear panel to restore a portion of the settings to default values.
Only the items listed below will be restored to default and your data inside the NAS will be intact and will not be influenced.
- The system administrator account (admin) password will be reset back to “admin”.
- Network settings will be reset to DHCP
- The system HTTP and HTTPS ports will be reset back to 8000 and 8001 respectively.
- ADM Defender will be reset and will allow all connections.
Please follow steps below to reset your NAS
1. After NAS is power on, use a paper clip to push this Reset button
(Lengthen the paperclip so that you can use one end of the clip)
2. When you hear a sound beep , the configuration is restored.
3. Try to use "admin" for administrator account(admin)
Since LAN setting is also restored, you may need to use ASUSTOR Control Center to find, and configure NAS again.
The following picture shows the position of reset button: