What should I do if ADM initialization fails?
If your NAS is unable to initialize properly, please follow the steps below for troubleshooting.
1. Clear your browser’s cache and try again.
2. Press and hold the power button of your NAS to force it to shut down. Turn it on again and try again.
3. If memory has been upgraded, please reinstall the default memory and try again.
4. When powered off, install a different, yet compatible hard drive and try again.
Click here to ensure your hard drive is fully compatible with your ASUSTOR NAS.
Click here to ensure your M.2 SSD is fully compatible with your ASUSTOR NAS.
5. If a hard drive has been previously used in another device, residual data may cause conflicts and it may be necessary to format or zero the hard drive. Alternatively these actions may also be attempted:
a. Shut down the NAS.
b. Pull out all hard drives.
c. Boot the NAS with no hard drives installed
d. When your NAS boots up, use ASUSTOR Control Center to access your NAS. Once inside, install hard drives and attempt to initialize your NAS.
If you remain unable to successfully initialize your NAS, please contact ASUSTOR for further technical support: