How to use Internet Printing Protocol (IPP) to set up network printer on ASUSTOR NAS for Windows PC?
Posted by Support Team ASUSTOR on 06 January 2015 03:41 AM
To use Internet Printing Protocol (IPP) to set up network printer on ASUSTOR NAS for Windows PC, please follow steps below:
1. Connect a USB printer to a USB port of NAS. The connected printer will be shown in ADM "External Devices" > "Printer". Move the mouse over the printer icon, you will see the full device name (it is AS5110T-5159(DCP-7060D) in this case). Please write it down for later use.
2. On Windows PC, go to "Devices and Printers".
3. Click "Add a printer".
4. Choose "Add a network, wireless or Bluetooth printer".
5. Skip the wizard search, directly click "The printer that I want isn't listed".
6. Click "Select a shared printer by name", then enter the network printer address manually. The address is in following format -
http://NAS_IP:631/printers/full_printer_name, where full_printer_name is the device name you wrote down at step 1.
7. The wizard will prompt you for the correct printer driver. You may also download the latest printer driver from the manufacturer’s website if it is not built-into Windows operating system.
8. After the correct printer driver is installed, the wizard shows the address and driver of the new network printer.
9. You may also set the network printer as the default printer or print a test page. Click "Finish" to exit the wizard.
10. The new network printer is now added and is available for printing.