Why can't my NAS enter disk hibernation after installing Surveillance Center?
If your NAS is having problems entering disk hibernation, please check to see if disk hibernation has been properly configured. From the ADM desktop select Settings>Hardware>Energy Control>Disk Hibernation. Disk hibernation for internal and external disks can be configured to occur after a specific idle time period or can be disabled.
Furthermore, if the following services are running, they may prevent your hard disks from going into hibernation.
1. Apps: If you have installed Apps from App Central such as XBMC, Plex, UPnP Server, iTunes Server,
Dropbox, Owncloud, or Surveillance Center. These Apps might scan or sync files/content in the
background all the time or regularly, preventing disk hibernation.
2. Download Center: If Download Center is continually downloading files from internet, it will continue to
access hard disks.
3. Windows Services: If your NAS has been joined to Active Directory (AD) or the Local Master browser
has been enabled.
4. Client PCs/Macs with mapped share folders from the NAS.
5. Utilities: ASUSTOR Control Center, Backup Plan, Download Assistant. These PC utilities may keep
checking for the existence of your NAS preventing it from entering into hibernation.
If you wish to know which process keep accessing your disks, please kindly refer the graphic below and use the diagnostic tool to check.